Going to the dentist can be a horrible thought and even brings a sense of anxiety when thinking about such things. However, having poor oral health is far worse than a visit to the dentist, where you can get the help you need. With our dentist, Dr. Dale Nelson, we provide the CEREC technology necessary to help restore your smile in Vancouver, Washington. With CEREC technology, you can have a new crown within hours! With this advanced dental technology, you will no longer have to wait days or weeks to restore your smile.
In this blog post, we will look closely at CEREC, what it is, how it works, and the several benefits you can expect from this technology.
What is CEREC?
CEREC stands for Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics. It’s a dental technology that allows Dr. Dale Nelson to create and mill custom dental restorations, such as same-day crowns, right in his office. With same-day crowns, this means that instead of taking dental impressions and sending them to a lab, Dr. Dale Nelson can do everything in-house, saving you time and hassle.
Same-day dental crowns may be necessary for several situations. These include:
- Large cavities: A dental crown can offer a more comprehensive solution if the cavity is too large for a regular filling.
- Root canal treatment: A dental crown is often fitted to strengthen the tooth after a root canal.
- Cracked or weakened teeth: A dental crown can help hold it together and prevent further damage if a tooth is cracked or weakened.
- Improving tooth appearance: Dental crowns can cover stained or misshapen teeth.
- Dental implants or bridges: Dental crowns top off dental implants or form part of a dental bridge.
How Does CEREC Work?
When you need a dental crown, the first step is to prepare your tooth for restoration. This step is essential no matter what type of crown you get, whether traditional or CEREC same-day dental crowns. Dr. Dale Nelson will then take a 3D scan of your tooth using a specialized camera. We will then send the scan to a computer where Dr. Nelson can use special software to design your new dental restoration.
Once the design is complete, we will send it to a milling machine, where the machine will carve out the restoration of a block of ceramic material. This process usually takes about an hour. Dr. Dale Nelson can bond the new restoration to your tooth, completing the entire process in just one visit!
What are the Benefits of CEREC?
Our dentist, Dr. Dale Nelson, offers CEREC technology due to its several benefits. Advantages of this state-of-the-art technology include:
- Time-Saving: The most significant benefit of CEREC is that it saves time. Instead of scheduling multiple appointments for impressions, fittings, and final placement, Dr. Dale Nelson can do all this in one visit.
- Accuracy: Due to the in-house restorations, the accuracy is much higher, ensuring a perfect fit.
- Long-lasting: The ceramic material we use for our same-day crowns is highly durable and long-lasting, making CEREC restorations an excellent investment for your dental restorations.
- Improved Comfort: Without the need for traditional dental impressions, patient discomfort is significantly reduced.
- Aesthetic Appeal: The ceramic restorations blend seamlessly with natural teeth, providing an aesthetically pleasing result.
Your CEREC Dentist in Vancouver, WA
CEREC technology is a game-changer when it comes to dental restorations. CEREC has brought a new way to restore your smile from a quicker procedure to more accuracy. If you have been looking for a dentist who offers CEREC, look at Salmon Creek Family Dental. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Nelson today to see how CEREC can help you and your smile!